Saturday 23 June 2012

When life gives you lemons..

Today was a day of feeling like life had given me lemons.


And, as the good old saying goes.. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". 


Really love these art prints I found on Google..







So anyway, I did. And I really enjoyed it, it made my day that little bit better.




Some of it happened to get consumed before I even got to take the photograph. I knew there was a reason I kept this bottle, I love old fashioned bottles and labels (not that you can actually see the label here..)


It gave me a taste for making drinks, now I want to make Ginger Beer, but reading recipes online with warnings of releasing the gas frequently to avoid exploding bottles.. I think I might give it a miss until I have a shed where I could keep the bottles. The last thing I need in my kitchen is exploding bottles of pop! 


I'm sure I could find some other recipes to try though. Have any of you lovelies ever made your own drinks? 


Hope you're enjoying your weekends, and that life hasn't given you any lemons lately - unless you want to make lemonade of course :)


Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Nothing quite a scrumptious as homemade lemonade, I must make some more soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm..... homemade lemonade. I love making elderflower cordial, and champagne. Also, every year I used to make alcoholic drinks such a sloe gin, raspberry vodka, creme de casis, blackberry gin, but there seems to be a problem in this house of mine. They all just evaporated away, so I never got the chance to give them as presents. Needles to say, I didn't bother this year, I think I have finally learnt ;-)

    ReplyDelete