Sunday 27 May 2012

Latest crafty makes.

I'm rather happy to say my sewing machine has been out again, oh how I have missed it!


I came home from work the other day, looked in my post box.. and I was a very happy bunny to see the new fabric that I splashed out on had arrived! So, I just had to get my sewing machine out. Cleaning had to wait, I had to get my priorities right of course :)


I am getting extremely excited about The Diamond Jubilee, is anyone else? 


So with being in the mood for Jubilee, I made these three cushions..






 I really love the ribbon on these! I wasn't sure that it went with the cushion, but I just really wanted to use it. 
And I wasn't sure what else to use it for.



These lovelies are a Mouseykin that I did in Union Jack fabric, more getting in the mood for the Jubilee..
A Bunnykin, which is a new one for me. I always do them as mice, but thought I'd try out a Bunny.
And a knitted Bunny that I tried from a new pattern. The carrot was meant to be a lot smaller looking at the photo on the pattern, and I followed it perfectly..so I'm not quite sure what happened, but I think it's just a very lucky Bunny with a large carrot :)


 And this has been my new latest obsession. I wanted something to do that I didn't have to concentrate on too much whilst watching tv. And I'd been looking at some lovely blankets on Pinterest (If you have Pinterest and the Pinterest addiction that seems to go with it, and would like to 'follow' me... I'm here) so I decided I wanted to try my hand at crocheting Granny Squares, again.
I had tried, and failed before. And not just a little bit, I'd tried and tried to read the pattern, getting nowhere, and it just being all gobbledegook to me. So, I looked up to see if there were any local craft classes that I could go to, but unfortunately I didn't have any luck. 
So it had to be Youtube. I watched a great tutorial and just followed what the woman in the video was doing. And ta..da...!
Granny Squares :)
My intentions are for a blanket to snuggle under on the couch in Winter. So hopefully I will have it finished by then! lol.
I know they are not perfect, but I am really rather pleased with them, and I'm really enjoying doing them in different colours now that I know how to change the colours. In future I might have a go at doing them in more than two colours, I dont think it would be that different to how I've been doing it. It's just getting the confidence at something new I guess.



 I really just imagine sitting in front of a fire, drinking hot chocolate, curled up under this blanket and reading a good book..
Although that seems like a nightmare at the moment with this heat! Is everyone enjoying the sunshine?
I'm sure I'll enjoy it more when I get a couple of days off.


I will be updating again in a couple of days, as (fingers crossed!) my final item for my very first blog giveaway will have arrived and I can get it photographed.
So, look out for my post regarding the giveaway..and please share away!


Hope everyone is getting to enjoy the glorious weather!


:)

2 comments:

  1. Popped over from MelMel, Hello, a Yorkshire crafter like myself. I love the fabric, can I ask where it came from
    louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, thank you for popping by :)
      Sorry I haven't replied sooner, only just saw your comment. I got the fabric from Sew and So's.
      The link.. https://sewsos.co.uk/products-page/london-by-makower-quilting-fabric/
      It was the first lot of fabric I had ordered online, so I was quite happy. I just wanted to keep it rather than use it! Crazy I know..
      Hannah x

      Delete